About Pictures

I've decided to go back and start marking which entries have pictures posted incase people want to browse. I'm marking the entries with pictures (P), with videos (V), and slideshows (S). Some of the slideshows won't work from this site after I change the title but you can still see the slideshow by clicking on "view all images".

Wednesday, July 8

Anniversary One

I can't believe it's been a year since I started this blog. To be honest it feels like it should be so much longer...so I actually should be saying, I can't believe it's only been a year!

I look back once in a while and see what I was thinking and posting. Fun. I just wonder what will happen to all of this. I would love for my kids to see it someday. What will happen to the Internet over the next ten, twenty years? Will I lose interest in posting things? Does anyone actually read this? Yes, that is kind of a loaded question. ;o)

I'm really happy to be home with my kids. I could see myself going back to work but I can't see myself leaving my kids all day again. For those of you that say you could never stay home full-time with your kids, just remember, like everything else you adjust and it becomes your new reality. Since April 20th of last year I have only worked four months. This is my reality now. It took about four to six months post lay-off to feel comfortable (and slightly sane) but it has come. (Kind of makes me wonder if that's why they set the FMLA act at three and not any longer.) I still don't now how long I'll get to stay home. Kind of think the unknown is forcing me to be at peace with the here and now. So far we have been making it every month financially. What will happen when we have to start paying for health care or when the unemployment runs out or when winter hits and Tommy gets slow? G O D.

Last night I was sad thinking about any possibility of having to leave my kids again. Through my tears I actually thought "if God can't make this work then what good is the bible (His word)?" I don't know if it was a God inspired thought or thought of rebellion planted by my flesh. I lean towards God inspired only because I have to have something to hope on. I found a proverb that was interesting and that I decided to dwell on.
Proverbs 10:22
A blessing from the Lord brings wealth and He adds to no trouble to it.
Not that I expect wealth but I really like the "adds NO trouble to it" part.

I never intended to write so much tonight but there it is.

No comments: