About Pictures

I've decided to go back and start marking which entries have pictures posted incase people want to browse. I'm marking the entries with pictures (P), with videos (V), and slideshows (S). Some of the slideshows won't work from this site after I change the title but you can still see the slideshow by clicking on "view all images".

Friday, August 22

Sing, Praise, Proclaim!

Psalm 96:2
Sing to the Lord, praise His name; proclaim His salvation day after day.

Often when I'm alone in my car, I will sit in silence and construct a dream house or plan my evening at home. Every once in a while I might grab the phone and try to catch up with someone. Or worse yet, I will dwell on negative thoughts or feelings and make little agreements with Satan in my head. Even though I'm not always in the mood, I can never go wrong by turning on the radio and singing along to praise and worship songs. I remember when I first started going to church I hated the singing portion. It's not because I don't sing well, because I really don't, but it just wasn't natural to me, something I wasn't used to. But after a while I realized that singing songs at church, or anywhere for that matter, really put me in a different mind set. It helped me to focus on God and not all those other things. It helped me to remember His blessings and be thankful for His salvation. I still like to construct dream homes and talk on the phone, but it's good to sing praises to the Lord and hopefully I will learn to do it everyday. Even though it didn't come natural to me, it was what I was made to do.

If anyone else needs a pick me up and you live here in the cities, try KTIS 98.5. They also have an Internet connection on their website (link at bottom of the page).

2 comments:

The Roehls said...

Thank you for the inspiration. I will try that sometime as I find myself stewing behind the wheel from time to time. I love to sing, but only in the car, when noone is watching! Love, Amy

Anonymous said...

Wonderful reminder! Your strength and trust in your faith is to be admired. :-)