About Pictures

I've decided to go back and start marking which entries have pictures posted incase people want to browse. I'm marking the entries with pictures (P), with videos (V), and slideshows (S). Some of the slideshows won't work from this site after I change the title but you can still see the slideshow by clicking on "view all images".

Monday, August 4

When will it slow down? (P)

I came back from my parents last Tuesday, had a birthday dinner with my Oma Wednesday night, had a happy hour for a co-worker who was leaving Thursday night and then got to the lake cabin at 1:30 in the morning on Friday. It was a nice weekend at the cabin with auntie Brooke and uncle Chris but we didn't get home from the lake until 9pm on Sunday and now I'm just trying to get my head on straight so I can make it through this week. Both kids got their baths, I've balanced the check book and started another load of laundry all while Tommy's at his fire training. Tommy asked this morning, as we DRAGGED ourselves out of bed, if I would like to go the tracker pull Friday night at the Carver County Fair. Ugh!! Of course if a I say no he'll say "you never want to do anything". ;o) Did I mention the Bridal shower Saturday night, the volleyball tournament Saturday morning Tommy's wants me to bring the kids to to watch. On top of all of it we have four weddings in the next two months, thankfully only one of which is out of town. I suppose everyone has a laundry list like this and if they don't they are probably single and don't have kids. Of course, Tommy's mom just got back from her trip to Mongolia Saturday and is heading out for Vancouver/Seattle Wednesday. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. ;o) It's interesting how God puts us with people who stretch us. The truth is I DON'T want to do that much and I often do things with Tommy reluctantly. But they usually turn out well without any regrets. Tommy wanted me to go tubing with Haylie this weekend right as we were getting ready to leave the lake. I groaned, but got on the tube (even though I had to dig for the swim suit I had already packed). It was fun and I'm sure Haylie will be talking about it for a while. Thank goodness for those stretches.




Co-coworkers and myself at my co-worker Jackies fare-well bocce ball tournament. The winner was given a day off which of course would not have benefited Jackie one bit. Oh well, we did take a half day off to celebrate her seven years with LTF. She was my cube mate and will be missed A LOT.
Brady snuggling with his cousin.

Haylie and Mommy tubing.

**NOTE**While I was writing this entry I was not thinking, and of course did not mean, that single people are not busy. After posting it and reading it again later, I realized how it sounded. I wondered if others would think I was saying single people without kids aren’t busy, because I know that’s not true. I get exhausted just HEARING about some of my single co-workers busy lives and am grateful I don’t have to keep up with them. It is a different kind of busy though, perhaps more voluntary. So if you will notice I did say “IF”.

No comments: