About Pictures

I've decided to go back and start marking which entries have pictures posted incase people want to browse. I'm marking the entries with pictures (P), with videos (V), and slideshows (S). Some of the slideshows won't work from this site after I change the title but you can still see the slideshow by clicking on "view all images".

Thursday, September 11

An Act, Not a Feeling

Mercy, as defined by Merriam-Webster, is compassion or forbearance shown especially to an offender.

I was reminded by a friend that forgiveness is an act, not a feeling. It is within my power to forgive, but I will not be able to let go of the offense unless I am willing to have mercy on the offender. Once I find mercy for them I will then be able to forgive. Makes sense. Mercy is a noun and forgive is a verb.

So where do I get me some of that mercy….Oh ya. ;o)

Hebrews 4:16
Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in out time of need.

No comments: