About Pictures

I've decided to go back and start marking which entries have pictures posted incase people want to browse. I'm marking the entries with pictures (P), with videos (V), and slideshows (S). Some of the slideshows won't work from this site after I change the title but you can still see the slideshow by clicking on "view all images".

Tuesday, September 16

Isn't it Ironic?!?!

I was finally forced to tell my husband this weekend that I misplaced my engagement ring. It was left at his family's cabin upon our last visit a month and a half ago. After talking to his brother and having heard him say he saw it sometime that weekend, I was not worried and decided it could wait until his parents next trip up there (after all it's four hours away!) His mom and dad looked for it this last weekend as they were closing up the cabin for the season and said they could not find it anywhere. I really don't remember where I left it. The cabin is not frequented by many and all who go are family. If someone had broken in and taken it, I'm sure there would be other things missing and of course, sign of a break in. Now for the funny part. Over six years ago (two months after we were married, mind you)Tommy lost his ring in the lake while water skiing...or so we thought.
I get a call today,
My mother-in-law Beth:"Did Tommy's ring have an inscription in it from Colossians?"
Me: "yeessss?" (how does she remember that?!?!).
Beth: "They found it!"
Me: "They found it in the LAKE!?!?"
Beth: "No, it was in the boat. They found it as they were cleaning it up to sell it!"
Just when I was beginning to think it was fitting that both rings found their resting place at the Lake, Tommy's has to go and get found. Man, now I am in trouble! ;o) Actually I'm not worried, I have faith. Where ever it ended up, it's in God's hands. Now I guess it's my turn to go get the cheap silver band until mine pops up somewhere. How long will it take? Only God knows. ;o)
Colossians 2:2 (the inscription)
My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ.
What can I say, I'm encouraged!! ;o)

1 comment:

ugotbritt85 said...

Katie,

you are such a wonderful person. Everytime i read your blog i feel encouraged.