About Pictures

I've decided to go back and start marking which entries have pictures posted incase people want to browse. I'm marking the entries with pictures (P), with videos (V), and slideshows (S). Some of the slideshows won't work from this site after I change the title but you can still see the slideshow by clicking on "view all images".

Wednesday, September 3

Getting Up

I'm blessed, I know it, I'm a morning person. It's hard for me to lay in bed and relax in the morning and sleeping in is anything after 7am. Since kids, I have learned to go back to sleep once in a while if I really need to. On the opposite end of things though, I can be a pooh if I have to stay up much past 10pm. Tommy is a night person. It's almost torture for him to go to bed before 11pm and it's just as painful for him to get up in the morning. The pain is usually mine however. ;o) His job requires some pretty early hours. Mixed with his late nights it can make for a pretty rough morning. He will set his alarm for say, 5am. It will go off and I'll roll over and tell him to get his butt out of bed and turn it off (it's across the room for good reason). I wait for him to get out of bed and then wait to see what he's going to do next. Most of the time he'll hit snooze and crawl back in where he then faces a groggy lecture from me about how I'm going to be PO'd if his alarm keeps waking me up every few minutes, or worse yet, prevents me from falling back to sleep altogether. Some mornings I can sense his struggle not to crawl back into bed as he stands there after getting up to turn it off. The snoozing can go on for up to an hour or more until he finally comes around to realize he's late. It then of course becomes my problem because I didn't get him up. Meaning I didn't actually stand him up and walk him out of the room because my nudging him and his responses to my "are you getting up?" are usually not remembered. Getting Tommy up is like waking a hibernating bear. You can imagine how much fun that is. ;o) Being a morning person, it's really hard for me to understand NOT being able to get up in the morning or really sleeping in for that matter. That doesn't mean that I'm not tired some mornings, because I am. But with kids you really DO have to get up and start functioning otherwise there's trouble, usually in the form of cheerios all over the floor or crayon on the wall. I don't even set an alarm most of the time because I know I'll get up sooner rather then later. I get a kick out of peoples alarm habits. Hitting the snooze a million times or even taking the alarm back to bed with them and holding on to it so they can just press the button when it goes off again! Oh, and how about the people who set the clock ahead 15 minutes or more so it SCARES them out of bed! I find it ridiculous. Of course most people would find me annoying, so I guess we're even. Well, it's almost time for me to go to bed, don't want to turn into a pumpkin ya know. Sleep tight!! ;o)

No comments: