About Pictures

I've decided to go back and start marking which entries have pictures posted incase people want to browse. I'm marking the entries with pictures (P), with videos (V), and slideshows (S). Some of the slideshows won't work from this site after I change the title but you can still see the slideshow by clicking on "view all images".

Wednesday, April 8

The Thrill Of the Chase

What is the deal with always having to chase kids? I'm constantly chasing after Haylie. To get her into her pajamas, to get her out of her pajamas, to get her into the car, to get her out of the car, to put her into her "time-out" after pummeling her brother... Some might see it as good exercise and I would have to agree IF it also didn't include the exercise of my patience. ARG!! What should I do? For instance...the park. Last night we went to the park. Miss Haylie did not want to get into the car. I could have done(and have done) the chase which sometimes ends in punishment. I've tried psyching her out and getting in the car and starting to drive away. Last night I had time so I just sat in the car until she got bored of it and finally came to my side of the car and said she was ready. PLEASE HELP!! All of these ways seem to let her win. If I chase her then she gets chased, which I'm pretty sure is what she wants. If I wait in the car then she gets more time doing whatever it is she's doing. If I pull the car away then I'm afraid I'm raising the bar and it could get worse and worse as she learns I won't really leave (and I won't, I promise ;o). Are there other options I'm not thinking of? Let me know what you think, anything is welcome.

No comments: