About Pictures

I've decided to go back and start marking which entries have pictures posted incase people want to browse. I'm marking the entries with pictures (P), with videos (V), and slideshows (S). Some of the slideshows won't work from this site after I change the title but you can still see the slideshow by clicking on "view all images".

Wednesday, April 29

Learning So Much

Two books and one workshop later, I'm beginning to learn how much I have to learn about being a parent. How have I made it this long without realizing it, I don't know. Maybe because I was working full time or because Haylie is just getting to THAT age or maybe I just wasn't able or willing to accept the responsibility. Not only am I learning about parenting, I'm learning that I am as strong willed, selfish and disobedient as my 3 year old. All this knowledge makes a person really look at what they are doing themselves that is reflected in their children. I AM a spoiled brat. For years I thought I escaped the stereotypical "only child" rap, but I haven't. Everything was catered around me growing up. Not to my parents fault, there simply was no competition. Ah, I know I turned out OK and I know my children will too, all credited to God's mercy and grace of course.
Side note...someone said to me that mercy is what we receive while waiting for grace. Kind of makes sense, but I think I will have to ponder that one a little more.

As far as the family goes...Daddy is busy with work and for some crazy reason has decided that taking on all these side jobs will some how give him more time to be with family in the long run. If Tommy wasn't burning the candle at both ends already, this should pretty much burn the whole thing up at once and then some.
Brady is happy and healthy. His one year percentiles have really slowed down which puts him more in the 50's. Fine by me, my back really can't take any more.
Haylie's school year will be ending soon and we'll have to form some kind of a summer routine to keep the sanity. I do see some improvement in her behavior, but she's still bucking strong. Even through the struggles she manages to say and do the cutest things. Oh, the things she picks up on.
I'm still looking for a job, kind of. Have fully thrown myself into the job at hand, my home and my family. I will say it again, this is the most challenging job I have ever had in my life but I'm adjusting to it and beginning to really enjoy it and almost look forward to it everyday.
I'll be sure to post more pictures soon.

No comments: