About Pictures

I've decided to go back and start marking which entries have pictures posted incase people want to browse. I'm marking the entries with pictures (P), with videos (V), and slideshows (S). Some of the slideshows won't work from this site after I change the title but you can still see the slideshow by clicking on "view all images".

Friday, September 11

Eating My Words

Just about the time you proclaim something is just about the time you are faced with a challenge to what you just said. I was hopeful and certain my uncle Daryl was going to be around for a while longer despite what the doctors had told us. I had read into his very minor improvements, as several others had done, and began to wonder what was really going to happen. I was sure he wasn't going to live a long normal life, but the way things were going I thought there was more life to be lived. As the doctors had warned, it was only days after he was removed from drugs and machines that he died. It was a roller coaster that thankfully didn't continue endlessly. I'm still in disbelief. Though it wasn't completely unexpected after the events of the last month, it will be hard to say good-bye to him. As we get older, death just keeps getting closer. Not just our death, but the death of those around us. Our percentages increase and it could always be right around the corner from any of us. I was up one night this week thinking of those closest to him. Could have anyone have guessed the end to this story a month ago? How will this change the course of those close to him and to all of this? Hopefully all for God's glory which of course would also be for the benefit of all.

No comments: