About Pictures

I've decided to go back and start marking which entries have pictures posted incase people want to browse. I'm marking the entries with pictures (P), with videos (V), and slideshows (S). Some of the slideshows won't work from this site after I change the title but you can still see the slideshow by clicking on "view all images".

Wednesday, October 14

Learning So Much

It's been made clear to me this morning that IF this thing is going to succeed, it's going to be ALL the Lord that does it. He's also made it very clear He IS in it with me, so YEAH! Thank God too because I've already had some great opportunities to learn from my mistakes.

Scripture brought to me last night:
Proverbs 19:2
It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way.

Thanks Lord, I needed that. Could have used it sooner but it probably wouldn't have spoken to me if it had come earlier.

Now is a good time for one about redemption:
Psalm 130:7-8
O, Israel, put your hope in the Lord, for with the Lord is unfailing love and with him is full redemption. He himself will redeem Israel from all it's sins.

And add a little of this:
Psalm 37:23-24
If the Lord delights in a mans ways he makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand.

I like that one because it says "though he stumble" not "though he MAY stumble". When I read it or try to memorize it it seems the MAY keeps popping up in there. There is no MAY about it, we WILL stumble but we will NOT fall. In the scripture before it talks about "full" redemption. Really Lord? FULL?!?! 'Cause that would be GREAT!

I had a couple of scriptures about advice brought to me the other night that were a God send, here's one of them:
Proverbs 19:20
Listen to advice and accept instruction and in the end you will be wise.

I've been getting a lot of Proverbs lately. Guess Solomon was pretty wise. Your perfect timing too Lord.

Romans 7:24-25
What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God - through Jesus Christ our Lord!

Looking back over the scriptures I've written in my journal over the last two weeks, God has made himself VERY CLEAR! Now I just have to wait on him. Waiting is not the easiest, I always get tempted to DO something. ;o)

This one melts me heart:
Isaiah 30:18
Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him.

I want to be like David, a man after God's own heart. Even though he made mistakes, ones that many people paid for, God still blessed him and fulfilled His promises of great and wonderful things. Wish I could say my mistakes are over but I guess if God can use those too, then great! Dare I say "bring them on"?!?! I don't think I have to ask for them, I think they're coming one way or another. ;o)

No comments: