About Pictures

I've decided to go back and start marking which entries have pictures posted incase people want to browse. I'm marking the entries with pictures (P), with videos (V), and slideshows (S). Some of the slideshows won't work from this site after I change the title but you can still see the slideshow by clicking on "view all images".

Friday, October 2

Yes, I Jumped Off the Bridge

After a week of debate, research, discussions and prayer I have decided I'm going to take a shot at home party sales. As my mother said..."we've all done it", with a tone of disgust in her voice. Maybe we haven't all done it but I'm sure it's crossed through many of our minds. And for those of us who have tried it, sometimes even multiple times, well, it doesn't bode well for a newbie. I've been to many home parties, candles, cookware, food, purses, jewelry, make-up, home decor, *ahem* sex toys, and the list continues. So have you begun to sense the critical tone in my voice now?

So why am I doing it? Like so many moms with young children, being able to stay home and still make some income has got appeal (not to mention getting out of the house).
What company? Stella & Dot.
What will I be selling? Jewelry. Classy, fun jewelry.

To be honest it all started when I fell in love with a necklace at a wedding. The entire outfit screamed CLASS and the necklace was the exclamation point!
LOVED IT!
Found it.
It was Stella & Dot.

The story goes on, but after viewing the catalog I knew I loved every piece! Ya Right, I'm on a budget now...a shrinking one at that. Then someone suggested if didn't want to have a party, because of money, maybe I should sell it and make some instead (and get some jewelry to boot). hum.... Ya, I know it's the Stylist job (that's my title now ;o) to expand the sales department, but it actually wasn't a bad idea. It's a job. A sales job, which I never dreamed I would do or even WANT to do, but here I am. I'm excited. Not because I think I'm going to rake it in, but if God is in this then I know it will go far and serve the purpose for our family that it might be meant to do. I may not wear a lot of jewelry now but this is the stuff I could see myself in. I'm sure I'm not the only one either.

Oh, of course you WILL have to check out my website if you're reading this. It's at least fun to look even if you're not in love with the idea of spending money (I know the feeling) but please feel free to contact me when you are. ;o)

www.stelladot.com/ktmcconn

The necklace I feel in love with was the Natasha Embroidered Bid, need to check it out.

No comments: