About Pictures

I've decided to go back and start marking which entries have pictures posted incase people want to browse. I'm marking the entries with pictures (P), with videos (V), and slideshows (S). Some of the slideshows won't work from this site after I change the title but you can still see the slideshow by clicking on "view all images".

Sunday, October 26

Movie Review Time

Tommy and I finally got some "mommy and daddy" time this weekend. We saw the movie FIREPROOF starring Kirk Cameron (Another blast from the past, the NKOTB reunion tour hit the Cities this last week. Check out the friendly review http://roehls.blogspot.com/2008/10/nkotb.html ) The movie is about a firefighter named Caleb who finds himself on the verge of divorce. There are a couple of corny parts (it's slightly low budget) but there are a few good laughs too. Over all the movie is entertaining and has a AWESOME Christian message. I'm sure that many could relate to struggles the couple faces. There was one argument scene that I realized the theater was completely silent and I was almost holding my breath. (and no, it's not because the theater was empty, it was actually hard to find seats) There were several other scenes I found myself looking away a little because I was relating so well that I was a little ashamed. Anyway, if you don't want to spend $20 to see it in the theater check it out when it hits DVD. It's worth it.
http://www.fireproofthemovie.com/
(watch the trailer and PLEASE PASS THIS ON)
Did I mention that it is a little bit of a tear jerker too? Oh and for the guys out there. Tommy liked it too. He did admit he was a little nervous it was going to suck after the first 10 minutes, but it redeemed itself. Or should I say, Christ redeemed it. ;o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard about this movie from a friend and saved it on netflix about two weeks ago. I am so excited that you two were able to see it in the theatre and gave it such great reviews! I can't wait to see it with Carl.

:-)
Niki

Pat R said...

I just got back from watching Fireproof... the over all message was solid for sure; it's great that such a different-flavored movie made it into the regular, big screen.