About Pictures

I've decided to go back and start marking which entries have pictures posted incase people want to browse. I'm marking the entries with pictures (P), with videos (V), and slideshows (S). Some of the slideshows won't work from this site after I change the title but you can still see the slideshow by clicking on "view all images".

Thursday, October 9

Thing One and Thing Two (P)


I've been booted. Miss Haylie has been up EARLY a couple of mornings this week and she's now asleep in my bed. I don't know what has got her up so early, it is rather unusual. Brady's back on some sort of a schedule waking up between 5 and 6am which is a little early for me but it works.
Brady is continuing to grow well. He's starting to sit up and eat baby food and rice cereal. As we all suspected, by his size, he's taken really well to eating food. There have been a couple of weird faces from newly introduced items but nothing has really come back out of his mouth. Speaking of items in his mouth, his toes have been added to his diet. This IS a little bit of a surprise to me considering his size, I didn't think it would be easy for him to get them up there, but like all babies, they have. He loves to smile and grab and I think most of all be mauled by his sister. Even though it does stress me out from time to time how Haylie is right in his face, he really seems to be handling it well. I can already see a bond forming. It's fun to watch. That is until Thing One hugs Thing two a little too tight. (Stole that line from an article I read in Parenting magazine).
I got a rare night out last night. On my way home I called the house and some wise guy decided to have his daughter answer the phone. It was OK, I like talking to Haylie and she's gotten so much better on the phone (no doubt has learned that from her dad.) She asked where I was and I told her. She of course repeated it, "the Mall? Why?" (Duh! She told on me! ;o)
"Mommy bought some jeans."
"For me?!?"
"No for mommy"
"WOW!" (And that's just what she said when I got them home too. Something I've taught her, how to be an encouraging shopping partner.)
She cracks me up telling stories with her big doe eyes and voice that changes pitch in the middle of a word. "And mommy Katie and daddy Tommer and Brady Pete and Haylie Mable and mommy Katie..." Her laundry list of names will often end up with duplicates. "That's Amy, Matt, Mason, Matt, Lukey, Masons house" The other thing that she does that makes me laugh is when she gets excited and starts jumping up and down. It reminds me of the time I was in charge of a session of Kids Club at LTF and I decided it would be a good idea to have the kids sell club members root beer floats. That was the first time I saw what sugar could really do to kids. Bouncing off of walls was not an exaggeration. Ah, the days of ignorance...

No comments: