About Pictures

I've decided to go back and start marking which entries have pictures posted incase people want to browse. I'm marking the entries with pictures (P), with videos (V), and slideshows (S). Some of the slideshows won't work from this site after I change the title but you can still see the slideshow by clicking on "view all images".

Monday, November 17

A Day Like No Other (P)

It is my first time. Getting laid off, that is. One by one led into the conference room, then to our desks, out the door and finally welcomed to the Legion by those who were led before us. To be followed by even more. It can't seriously be only Monday. It feels like a whole week went by today. Just shy of 10 years with The Company. This is not how I wanted to go. It seems there is no rhyme or reason but I'm sure thoughtfully planned out more then I'll ever realize. It's not like it's uncommon. A lot of people I know have lost jobs at one time or another. It's tough your first time because you are brought to terms with the fact that it "can happen to me". Still kind of numb as I'm sure the people who are left are. Tomorrow they still have to go to work, surrounded by empty cubes and offices, their friends gone. Well, OK, not gone (we didn't die), but it sure feels that way a little. Nothing like trying to e-mail someone, moments after you see them walk by, only to have your e-mail sent back. It's like an execution. Now I know why it's called the chopping block, because it really feels that way. A home that you lived and walked freely in that you're no longer a part of. Business will go on without me/us.
All good things do end. I doubt I will ever work with a group like that again. Even though we had to go, I'm glad we got to go together. I hope the people left can pull together quickly and become something stronger.
It hurts.
It sucks.
It really DID happen.
I trust that this is God's will for me. It's a blessing. It was clearly out of my hands and now as I move forward I hope to leave it in His hands. A clean slate for all, a chance for us all to "realign". I pray my vision can be God's vision for me. Thank you Lord for this opportunity to see you at work, for me to put my trust in you. Let me be a passenger in this ride and not a road block. Help me to love and serve without fear or judgement.
Thank you Lord for all the wonderful people this job has allowed me to know and love. If you are reading this and you are one of them please know you will be thought of often and remembered always.
Love KT (in Christ)
I like to call this one "The Last Supper" The best way to end this post. It would take forever to add all the pictures I would like to and it still wouldn't express the relationships that were formed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Katie...I am SO SORRY!!! My prayers are with you. Hang in there and let us know what else you need so we can help you out.

Unknown said...

Hi KT-
I am so sorry for you and the entire RE&D team. Seeing that picture of us at the Saints Game makes me remember all the good times I had with the LTF gang. Even though I have been gone for over 4 years, it was comforting in some strange way knowing that all of you were still there...it was great being able to you guys visit whenever I made trips home to MN. Just wanted you to know that my thoughts are with you and I'm hoping this unfortunate turn of events leads you down a wonderful road that you would not have otherwise experienced. Janel