About Pictures

I've decided to go back and start marking which entries have pictures posted incase people want to browse. I'm marking the entries with pictures (P), with videos (V), and slideshows (S). Some of the slideshows won't work from this site after I change the title but you can still see the slideshow by clicking on "view all images".

Friday, November 14

Open and Honest

Some people are more open and honest about themselves then others. There are things we all keep to ourselves to some extent. Not that I necessarily think anyone is lying to me (at least no more then they are lying to themselves ;o) Why am I on this subject? Well, it's just nice to be able to relate to others and the trials/struggles they go though. Some people either don't seem to have those same struggles or simply don't offer up their personal lives for (can't think of a word, review and comparison are the only ones coming to mind and yet they don't seem to fit 100%. I know we should never compare ourselves or anything we have to others because we always run the risk of judging them or ourselves.)
I remember a time (long ago... ;o) when I was teaching aerobics. It was a VERY early morning cycle class with loyal participants. I always tried to follow my mood and do something different to keep me and my class entertained, so one morning I decided to hand out little pieces of paper and pencils to take prayer requests. I had my class fold them up and throw them in a hat. No names. When I got home from class I opened them up and started praying for them and thanking God for the opportunity to do so. It was beautiful. People asking for their/other peoples health issues, jobs issues, martial struggles, etc. At the end, one piece of paper had really caught my attention. It was a piece that was folded up several times into a tiny little square with nothing on it. I prayed for that person, whoever they were. Can you imagine a heart folded up that same way? Were they afraid of being exposed/judged? Could they not find anything that needed prayer? Did they not believe? It's OK that they did want to share. It gave me the best opportunity to lift that person up to God and let Him decided what they needed. For myself, when it comes to sharing and prayer, I believe the squeaky wheel gets oiled. ;o) God is patient, He has all the time in the world for me to open my heart to Him. Fighting it is futile, He'll get his way sooner or later.
Matthew 11:22-25
"Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."

No comments: