About Pictures

I've decided to go back and start marking which entries have pictures posted incase people want to browse. I'm marking the entries with pictures (P), with videos (V), and slideshows (S). Some of the slideshows won't work from this site after I change the title but you can still see the slideshow by clicking on "view all images".

Sunday, November 23

Sad Sunday

Some people get sad on Sundays because their weekend is over. Tonight I couldn't help but to feel a little sad because I'm not going to work tomorrow. Last week at this time I was totally unaware of the fact that the next day was going to be my last in the Real Estate and Development department at Life Time Fitness.
I started teaching aerobics at LTF in January of 1999 while I was home in the Cities doing my internship. I continued after graduating in May and getting a job at Carlson Marketing Group. A year later, things at Carlson had really slowed down for me. One morning after working out I decided to pop my head in the members activities office to speak to someone about yoga. The member activities person (Rachael Carlson) was one smooth talker and before I knew it I was teaching preschool adventure days and kids club classes. My job at Carlson all but stopped so I decided it was time to find a job somewhere else. Rachael put me in contact with someone in HR (wish I could remember her name) at the corporate head quarters. The HR lady told me of an opening in Real Estate and Development with the REALLY COOL guy Robert Salazar (she actually said that, gosh I wish I could remember her name!!). The position he was looking to fill was for a Competitive Intelligences Research Analyst. I could not for the life of me remember the first two words but thought I would give it a try. After talking to Robert I quickly realized it was right down my alley, something a geography major would actually do with their degree (even though my emphasis was travel and tourism ;o). I was excited, Robert was excited and I think Mark (our VP) was maybe a little excited too. (During the interview process it came up that I had worked with maps and done a study on a local health club in St. Cloud, perfect fit, right?!?!) Well, I pretty much excepted the job on the spot (which I KNOW you're not supposed to do, probably why Mark was excited) but that's all history now. Robert IS a really cool manager and he has put together a team of REALLY COOL people, time and time again. Now Real Estate and Development has been reduced to about the same size it was when I started. Of course research processes have changed a great deal. It's neat to think I was a part of it. It's sad to think I don't get to grow that position anymore (I was working more with our mapping software then competitive intelligence aka CI by the time I left). Perhaps I out grew it. I haven't had to look for a job in eight and a half years. It didn't even seem like much of a job hunt the first couple of times, they were almost handed to me. I hear it's a little different now. (This is beginning to sound a little bit like a divorce. It's time for me to get out and start dating again. ;o)
If it's God's will for me to go back to work I hope and pray God will find me the perfect job, just like he did before.
I will of course keep you all posted.

1 comment:

ugotbritt85 said...

I love you Katie!! we need to get together soon!